Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Pageant Here We Come!


For the second year in a row we have been accepted to Hill Cumorah Pageant! This year there were 1752 applications for 769 positions. They have really upped the number in the cast so that's a plus. We were also accepted into the Zion's Camp campsite which is awesome. It is just to the left of the hill and will be very convenient. It is very expensive to rent an RV in the Palmyra area in the month of July. Everywhere in the area doubles their rental fees due to demand. I came up with the great idea of actually BUYING a camper in the Schenectady area now--in the down season--and that works out to be cheaper than renting one! Many people are getting rid of luxury items, especially before Christmas. Ken thinks we can easily sell it for 500+ more after pageant. Or we might decide to keep it for future years. Ron Viola (Marylynne's dad) will let us keep it at his place and Lynn and Dave can check it out for us. We are extremely excited. Lily ran around the room shouting "Pageant! Pageant! Pageant!" for about three minutes and then asked if we could get on a plane tonight. Please come watch us! The dates of performance are July 10,11, and 14-18.

2 comments:

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Oh I'm so jealous you get to be in the pageant! Actually, I've never even been to it, but I've always wanted to. Congratulations!

And really (since you're probably saying, who is the random chick and why is she commenting on my blog?) I just wanted to say that we have the same taste in pie! Grasshopper ice cream pie is at the top of my list too. Mostly because it involves chocolate, lol.

Sara
(from Our Best Bites)

Annalee said...

Congrats again guys! I can't wait to see your parts for this year! We will be there if we can:)