Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pageant #2





Ken is called the Hill Moroni. His big task is to bury the plates. After he buries them he covers the hole with a giant rock and a crow bar-like stick. He wears an army green outfit which is sleeveless and of thick material. He has a very big ornate belt and a big headdress. He has a long black wig! His whole sequence only lasts about half a minute but he is the only thing going on on the whole hill at that time. Immediately after Joseph Smith digs up the plates and the Angel Moroni all dressed in white appears to him. So there is a 20 year old Moroni, a 40 year old (Ken) and a 60 year old (the angel). Ken is also the one featured in the Hall of the Prophets. He hasn't practiced this yet so he doesn't know everyone in it. He knows it is Lehi, Nephi, Samuel, Alma, Abinadi but there are probably a couple more. Anyway, they stand on the hill and a light shines on them as they recap their contribution.

I am an Alma Convert. There are 40 people in this scene. Apparently this is a very neat scene though I don't remember it much. There are waterfalls on the stage and it looks like people actually get baptized in the water. I haven't practiced it yet so I don't know much. People say this is a really moving scene so they think it's really great to be in. The cool thing is that Lily is in it with me! We got our costumes today and I really like them. Lily has a dark pink dress which is long (to her ankles) and short sleeved. She has a poncho over the top which is an Aztec print that is mostly different shades of pink and black. She has a black headband with shells on it. I have a green dress which is mid calf. It has a pretty pattern painted on it around the neck line. I really like the dress and I wish I could just wear the dress and nothing else but they won't let me. I have to wear a sort of poncho thing too. Lots of people have full length ponchos but at least mine is only to the waist and is only on one shoulder. It is greenish and black. It has gold jewels at the neck. A cool thing is I have the exact same headband as Lily but a little bigger. I want to try and take a picture of our costumes tomorrow. It's nice that all women who have children under five have their own dressing room. There are only 13 women with children under 3 so I don't think there will be that many more with those that are 4. I understand it's special treatment and will be a luxury to not be so crowded.


We have a full run through on Tuesday night and with our costumes on Wednesday. We do it for an audience (media, taping) on Thursday.


Tomorrow we get to sleep in and don't need to report until 9:30. Everyone feels very tired. McKenna practiced the most today--basically non-stop on stage time--and she is fairly sunburned. It would be great if we could at least drive by the temple tomorrow and hopefully maybe even go to the Sacred Grove!

No comments: