It turns out that I DO have mono as I suspected. And apparently it's a whooper. There were three Ebstein-Barr Virus tests that they did. The bottom one tests if you have already had mono and I have (even though I didn't know it). That is the best option at this point, though, because it means I'm not contagious (supposedly). It is a flare up of a virus that was already in my blood (and will always be) rather than something I just caught and can pass along.
The first two EBV tests I don't understand the difference between. One is labeled EBV Nuclear Antigen. The normal range for this is 0-99. I am at 857! But the next one is even higher. It is labeled EBV VCA and again normal is 0-99. I am at 1,967!! The doctor said he had never seen a number so high.
He also tested my thyroid and it turns out I have hypothyroidism. (That is the number that says 65 LOW.) I am not producing enough hormone so I need to take a pill once a day. I'm excited to have found this out, even if I have to go through mono to get the knowledge. A huge symptom of that is fatigue so the dr. said I should start feeling a bit better once the thyroid gets under control. It's odd because I have been freezing and now this explains why.
Just wanted to let you all know my happy news!
No comments:
Post a Comment