Saturday, February 28, 2009

Artists at Work

Teran and I went to an artist workshop at the Church Museum in Salt Lake. There were painters, sculptors, weavers. This one woman pictured is making bobbin lace. I can't comprehend how she keeps everything together in her head but she flips certain pieces of thread with bobbins on the end identified by different beads or colors. Then she takes pins out from certain areas and puts them in other areas. Then she leaves a trail of beautiful lace behind her. Rebecca was there too, so we had a party. Yes there were refreshments but another cool thing was that there was a harpist for background music. As we walked by her I said to Teran, "Wouldn't that be fun if it was Elizabeth Smart." We both thought we could almost trick ourselves into believing it was her even though we knew it wasn't. IDIOTS! It was Mary Katherine Smart, her little sister. Of course by the time we recognized this obvious fact, she was taking down her harp so it would have been a bit too awkward to ask for her picture.


No comments: